Time to apply for EUSEW 2023
It will be held from 20-22 June 2023 in a hybrid format under the theme 'Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition: Towards Lower Bills and Greater Skills'
EUSEW is the largest annual event dedicated to renewable energy and energy efficiency in Europe. In its different editions, it always comprises a series of activities aimed at building a secure energy future for Europe.
The calls for EUSEW 2023, which will be held from 20 to 22 June, are now open. This year’s event will be held in a hybrid format, under the title ‘Accelerating the clean energy transition: towards lower bills and higher skills’.
How and why to apply for EUSEW 2023
The call for applications for the EUSEW 2023 awards opened on 6 December 2022. However, all policy sessions will be face-to-face and will take place in Brussels, and the deadline to organise a session will be open until 1 February 2023.
The call for a stand at the Energy Fair will be open until 2 March 2023 and is addressed to representatives of EU institutions and bodies, and stakeholders working as multipliers using a wide network of contacts in Brussels and across Europe, or contributing to the development and implementation of sustainable energy policy in Europe.
An information session took place Tuesday 29 November at 10:00 a.m. and reviewed the main EUSEW calls and deadlines, as well as the application procedure for proposing a policy conference session and for the EUSEW awards. Interested participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and find out how organisations can get involved in the event.
New this year, a young person promoting sustainable energy will receive recognition as part of the fourth edition of the European Youth Energy Day, which will take place during the EUSEW 2023 Policy Conference.
EUSEW 2023 specific programme
Under the slogan ‘Accelerating the clean energy transition: towards lower bills and higher skills‘, these are the concrete actions that will be carried out:
- A policy conference with leading personalities and a rich programme of sessions and debates on building secure energy for future generations in Europe (the call to organise a session is open until 1 February 2023).
- The prestigious EUSEW Awards, celebrating Europe’s champions of sustainable energy and renewable energy (the call for entries is open until 9 February 2023).
- The fourth edition of the European Youth Energy Day.
- The Energy Fair with physical and online stands (the call for stands is open until 2 March 2023).
- A wide range of local Sustainable Energy Days across Europe from March to June 2023 (the call to register an event will open in February 2023).
Information on the EUSEW 2023 Policy Conference
The European Sustainable Energy Week Policy Conference is the largest conference dedicated to renewable energy and energy efficiency in Europe. The Conference will host a series of sessions organised by the European Commission and stakeholders active in the field of sustainable energy to present and discuss new policy developments, best practices, and new ideas in support of the European Union’s transition towards an energy-efficient, renewable energy-based climate neutral and resilient economy.
The 2023 edition will be organised as a hybrid event in physical and online format only from 20-22 June 2023. All policy sessions will be held on-site at a location in Brussels.
The theme of EUSEW 2023, ‘Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition: towards lower bills and higher skills’, reflects the geopolitical and energy market realities that call for dramatically accelerating the clean energy transition and increasing Europe’s energy independence. Candidates are invited to submit their ideas for policy sessions and to contribute to the debate.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Organisations and associations that meet the following criteria:
- Work as multipliers using a wide network of contacts across Europe.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a sustainable energy policy in Europe.
- Representatives of the EU institutions, including inter-institutional bodies.
Details about the EUSEW Awards
The finalists will be chosen by a high-level jury from a pre-selection of the year’s most impactful clean, safe, and efficient energy projects and actions, and the winners will be decided by public online voting (from May 2023).
The three finalists in each category will be invited to the award ceremony on 20 June 2023 in Brussels.
Anyone from the EU or the European Economic Area can submit a recent project or activity – from a local initiative to an industry-wide programme – or a profile of an individual who is helping citizens, industry, and the public sector to work towards the goals of the European Green Deal.